Greetings Sportsmen and Women!
This coming year, 2023, marks the 25th anniversary of the Sioux County Sportsmen’s Club.
This year’s kids’ events were a great success. Be sure to encourage youth to attend these events, especially those who have not been introduced to the outdoors before! Any kids that attend the banquet will be given a ticket to be entered into a special drawing at the Outdoor Skills Day.
- At the Outdoor Skills Day this year there were 280 people in attendance. It is awesome to see so many kids interested in wanting to learn different skills for the outdoors. For me the most exciting part of this event is introducing kids to hunting and fishing that have never been given the opportunity to do either before. This is a great event and we are always looking for volunteers.
- Kids Fishing Day was a great day filled with lots of excitement and smiles. It’s hard to believe the smile that a small bluegill can put on the face of a first time fishermen. I can assure you that the money you donate for stocking fish is a worthy cause.
- Thanks to the Sioux County Conservation Board and all the volunteers for putting on these events.
We have assisted in the purchase of two tracks of land this year. One adding to an existing area. The other includes a pit for fishing. We are constantly working to buy the next big piece and have been close several times.
Thank YOU FOR A GREAT YEAR
It is no secret that land prices are higher than ever, and with the support you have given and continue to give we feel like we are in a position where we can make a move when the right opportunity arises.
Start making plans to attend the 26th annual banquet held again at the Dordt College Rec Center on March 4, 2023. Many new things are being planned for this years banquet including some awesome guns for prizes and a game just for fishermen. Invite your family, friends, co-workers, and date. Ticket package prices will remain the same but will include fewer tickets. Individual ticket prices have been adjusted accordingly. Proportionally if everyone spends the same amount of money, odds will remain the same. The reason for the change is the excessive amount of tickets that we have been dealing with, and we have received complaints about the number of tickets that need to be filled out when a magnum ticket package is purchased. Help us make this major fundraising event a huge success.
Grand Prizes include….
- $1000 Joe’s Appliance Gift Card (OC)
- Christensen Arms 28 Nosler
- Windham Weaponry 6.5 Creedmoor
- CZ Red Head Premier 12 GA. Over/ Under
- Browning Silver Hunter 12 GA.
- Magnum Research 500 JRH
- $500 Cenex Gift Card
- $500 Mills Fleet Farm Gift Card
- $500 Scheels Gift Card
- Stihl Battery Combi Pack
Don’t miss out on getting your banquet tickets early! Go to our website (www.siouxcsc.org) and click on the link in the upper right corner under BANQUET TICKETS to order them online. Easily pay with your credit card, or scan the QR code with your phone and it will take you to our website!
Purchasing your tickets online will allow us to have everyone’s information recorded accurately. No more trying to read scratchy penmanship or misspelling names on newsletters!
Don’t forget about the early bird deadline of February 1, 2023. Our early bird prizes this year will be:
- Winchester SXP 12 GA.
- $100 cash
- 4 – $50 cash
- 2 – $25 cash
** Keep in mind that tickets are $15 more at the door the night of the banquet, so make sure to order your tickets online.
As always, businesses or individuals will have the opportunity to sponsor a gun. If you are interested in doing this, please contact any of the board members.
There are two – $500 scholarships available to high school seniors or current college students and we strongly encourage you to go online to our website (www.siouxcsc.org) for an application. Here is a great way to help with your college tuition! All applications must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2023.
The Legendary Sportsman Award will once again be awarded during our banquet. There are many deserving people that could receive this award, but we need you to nominate them. If you have someone in mind to nominate, please fill out a nomination form found on our website (www.siouxcsc.org). The forms must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2023.
Don’t forget to check out our website (www.siouxcsc.org) or follow us on Facebook to find information about upcoming events.
We look forward to seeing you all at this years banquet! Be safe and enjoy the outdoors!
Kyle Te Slaa
Sioux County Sportsmen’s Club