Greetings to all outdoorsmen and women!
This summer we had a couple different events for kids…
- Outdoor Skills Day (June 8 ) – Around 200 kids attended which far exceeded our expectations! It’s great to see them want to experience the outdoors and learn skills needed for outdoor activities. This year’s winners of guns at the event were Stevie Jansen (870), Peter Liv (10/22), Evan Jahn (air rifle), Justin Vander Veen (air rifle), Zack Oolman (air rifle), and Deon Ymker (air rifle).
- Family Fishing Day was held on a Monday night in June after being postponed because of rain. 100 kids registered for the event and we were once again very pleased with the turnout. Thanks to the Sioux Center Wal-Mart and the Sioux County Conservation Board for their help with this event!
We have finalized the paperwork on about 45 acres that ties into the Hawarden South Pit on the southern boundary (along the Sioux River). Signs are posted on the boundaries and it is now open for public use!
This year the board has started selling the 2013 gun calendars. A gun will be drawn every Wednesday in 2013 for a total of 52 guns to be given away! (*a cash buyout of gun can be redeemed in its place). Calendars must be purchased by January 1, 2013. Contact any board member from SCSC or go to our website for local businesses that carry the calendars.
The board has been starting to plan the upcoming banquet to be held on March 16, 2013. It will once again be held at the Dordt College Rec Center.
Grand Prizes include….
- $1,000 gift certificate to Joe’s Appliance (Orange City)
- Go Pro Camera Hero 3
- Hummingbird 385ci Portable Depth Finder
- Camping package & accessories
- Titanium Camo metal detector
- Beretta Pigeon o/u 12 ga
- Benelli Super Vinci Camo 12 ga
- Core 15 magpaul AR 223 cal
- Thompson Center Dimension 204 Ruger
- American Classic 2 .45 cal
- Sig P238 pistol
- Ruger 10/22 stainless
Make sure to send in the enclosed form before the early bird deadline of February 1, 2013. Our early bird prizes this year will be:
- Thompson Omega Muzzleloader .50 cal
- Mosseburg 500 12 ga
- Ruger 10/22
- $100 cash
- 4 – $50 cash
** Keep in mind that tickets are $15 more at the door the night of the banquet, so make sure to send in your form for tickets or contact any of the board members.
As always, business or individuals will have the opportunity to sponsor a gun. If you are interested in doing this, please contact any of the board members.
There are two – $250 scholarship available to high school seniors or current college students and we strongly encourage you to go online to our website (www.siouxcsc.org) for an application. Here is a great way to help with your college tuition! All applications must be postmarked no later than February 10, 2013.
The Legendary Sportsman Award will once again be awarded during our banquet. If you have someone in mind to nominate, please fill out a nomination form found on our website (www.siouxcsc.org). The forms must be postmarked no later than February 10, 2013.
Don’t forget to check out our new website (www.siouxcsc.org)! Find information about upcoming events and purchase SCSC apparel as well!
We look forward to seeing you at our banquet! Be safe this hunting season!
Roger Van Beek
Sioux County Sportsmen’s Club
Trackback from your site.