The Sioux County Sportsmens Club is a non-profit organization and was founded in 1997 to promote outdoor activities and recreational opportunities in Sioux County.
The annual banquet of the Sioux County Sportsmen’s Club is our primary method of fund raising. SCSC uses the proceeds exclusively in Sioux County for the following:
– Provide funds to develop fisheries and wildlife areas.
– Promote outdoor activities and recreational opportunities
– Leverage funds and organize the acquisition of property for public use
– Work towards awareness of environmental issues and educate residents on land stewardship
– Engage our board and members in providing the labor and services to develop new fisheries and wildlife areas, restore or improve current public areas, and hold public events
– Pass on the outdoor traditions to our youth all year long but especially at events such as:
– Family Fishing Clinic (Sandy Hollow)
– Outdoor Skills Day (Oak Grove State Park)
Achievements since 1997:
– Involved in acquiring 1657 public acres in Sioux County.
– Investing $583,671 in land acquisition and habitat improvement – often leveraging and partnering to increase the power of every dollar raised.
– Passing on the joy of the outdoors through $40,232 spent on youth activities.